During the Eurasian Women's Forum in 2018, the participants of the international discussion club "Women Governors - Strategy for the Efficiency and Development of Territories" adopted a Declaration on the establishment of the Eurasian Association of Women Regional Leaders (hereinafter referred to as the Association). We agreed to regularly “synchronize watches” at the forum and other events with the participation of women-regional leaders, including using the Internet portal “Eurasian Association of Women-Regional Leaders” (www.women-leaders.ru). The project coordinator is Natalya Vladimirovna Komarova, the only female governor in Russia.
The objectives of the Association are to promote the development of dialogue between women - regional leaders of the Russian Federation and foreign states on the basis of common spiritual and moral principles of peace and harmony, the exchange of knowledge, experience and ideas through the implementation of projects.
Information on the Association's portal is placed in 5 languages: Russian, English, German, Chinese, French.
The activities of the association are based on the UN sustainable development goals, the provisions of the Spatial Development Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2025, the National Action Strategy in the interests of women, and other federal and international strategic documents.
In 2018, 88 women leaders fr om 10 countries and 13 constituent entities of the Russian Federation took part in the work of the Association, in 2021 200 women leaders from 22 countries of the world, 15 regions of Russia were involved in the work.
In modern conditions, the presence of an Internet platform is relevant. Using it, women leaders exchange practices online, including on overcoming the economic consequences of the pandemic. Currently, the portal contains information about 200 members of the Association, 120 practices tested in the regions and ready for replication from 22 countries of the world (South Africa, Zambia, Italy, Belarus, Latvia, France, Republic of Botswana, India, Spain, Cuba are selected) , Nepal, Moldova, Norway, Serbia, Germany, Finland, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Thailand, Hungary, Kazakhstan), 15 regions of the Russian Federation.
In 2020-2021, the members of the Association took part in the Forum on Territorial Marketing and Branding of Ugra, Days of Cooperation in Ugra, the Annual Press Conference of the Governor of the Autonomous Okrug, the Exhibition-Forum of Ugra Commodity Producers, the International Expert Seminar "The Finno-Ugric Vector to the Creative Economy", The Family Council under the Governor of the Autonomous Okrug with a discussion of the implementation in 2020 of the National Strategy for Action for Women and Priority Tasks for 2021.
During the period of the Association's activity:
- 5 documents were concluded on the intention to develop partnerships, cooperation agreements with partners from Serbia, Russia, Roskultucentr, Inosocium.
- 5 discussion clubs “Eurasian Union of Women - Regional Leaders” were held, as a result of which agreements were reached on the implementation of projects and joint activities of the members of the Association, taking into account the challenges of the pandemic, the change in the nature of the labor market due to the transition to a new technological order, digitalization of the economy.
- to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 4 "Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and encouraging lifelong learning opportunities for all", in order to promote international cooperation and ensure the continuity of the educational process, on February 3, 2021, a cooperation agreement was signed between University and the Russian Center for Science and Culture in Lusaka (Zambia).
The members of the Association carried out work to open a preparatory department for teaching Russian language to foreign applicants. In 2021, such a department begins work at Ugra State University. The first listeners will be 12 people from Zambia. The compulsory program includes a Russian language course and several hours of physics and mathematics. After completing the course, an exam will take place to obtain a certificate. Its presence will allow applicants to submit documents to the Ugra State University in the areas of "Construction" and "Ecology". Foreign students will have the opportunity to study under the quota allocated by Rossotrudnichestvo with the support of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
The International Video Competition of UNESCO Associated Schools "Ob-Irtysh Basin: Young People Explore and Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Regions of the Great Rivers of the World" is held annually under the auspices of UNESCO, wh ere members of the Association are members of the expert jury, assist in attracting schoolgirls to participate.
Female students are involved in the work of the Association.
- in 2020, 7 representatives of the Autonomous Okrug were trained according to the educational program "Woman Leader" of the Management Workshop "Senezh" of the presidential platform "Russia - the country of opportunities"; three are studying in the second stream of the 2021 educational program.
- in connection with the announcement by the United Organization Nations of 2021 International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development, on June 29, 2020, an Agreement on Cooperation was signed between the Government of the Autonomous Okrug, the Center for Support of Youth Creative Initiatives (Roskulttsentr), the social platform of the Roscongress Foundation - the Innosocium Foundation. The tripartite agreement is aimed at the development and support of cultural and creative industries, youth creativity, the implementation of projects in the field of creative industries in the Autonomous Okrug. Its main directions are projects for the development of the cultural and creative potential of the region, support for creative initiatives of young people, development of a methodology for the development of cultural and creative industries, and many others.
In September-November 2020, in the instagram account of the Governor of the Autonomous Okrug N.V. Komarova hosted 2 live broadcasts with the participation of women leaders on creative start-ups and the export of goods. As a result of work with UNIDO Goodwill Ambassador Veronika Peshkova, agreements were reached on organizing a permanent exhibition of Ugra in the Russian pavilion in Bahrain.
In 2020, the International Organization of Northern Regions "Northern Forum" supported the initiative of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra to create a working group for the development of creative industries. Members of the Association take part in the activities of the working group.
- On March 24, 2021, a round table "Women's Leadership in the Fuel and Energy Complex" was held. The round table became an open platform for discussing the role of women in the energy sector of Russia, limiting stereotypes for the development of female leadership, gender balance, emotional intelligence, the development of necessary competencies, as well as maintaining a dialogue between women leaders of the region and representatives of the industry. As a result of the round table, agreements were reached on promoting training programs in the fuel and energy complex for women.
- on the site of the Union, social networks of the Union (www.instagram.com/ewf_leaders) for 2019-2021. 14 educational webinars for women were held.
- in order to fulfill the instructions of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin on the need to preserve historical memory, work is underway with the All-Russian Assembly of Women-Leaders, the Union of Women of Russia. In 2020, the materials of partners, timed to coincide with the 75th anniversary of the Great Victory, the project "Women's Face of Victory" are posted on the portal "North for Victory. Everyone for the cause of Peace ”(www.pobeda-mir.ru). The project is being implemented with the support of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Rossotrudnichestvo, FADN.
- On June 15-16, 2021, during the International IT Forum with the participation of the BRICS and SCO countries, a discussion club of the Association "Transformation of Women's Employment During a Pandemic, in the Post-Age Period: Digitalization of Work Processes" will take place.
Currently, preparations are underway for the international discussion club "The role of women in the development of regions during a pandemic, postpandemic period", which will take place on October 13-15, 2021 on the sidelines of the third Eurasian Women's Forum. During the discussion, it is planned to consider the projects of women-regional leaders in the main areas of the UN Sustainable Development Agenda for the period up to 2030. This work is being carried out in cooperation with the Deputy State Development Corporation "VEB.RF" Irina Makieva.